The Birthday Post- 26 Life Lessons
Well here we are again again. Another year older BUT this year, I can actually say i'm excited. I truly used to hate my birthday. There was always a reminder that another year had past and I was not where I wanted to be at in that stage of my life. I have finally accepted that I may have no met all of my goals just yet but I have decided to live everyday doing my best. So, with that being said, I have compiled a list of 26 life lessons I have learned so far. Enjoy!
- Eat the damn piece of cake. Life is too short & regret is a waste of energy
- Mom was always right. Seriously. I've fought against my mom on so many things and she was right about everything in the end.
- Happiness really is a choice. It's YOUR choice.
The day you look at other women and celebrate their strengths instead of think of them as competition is the day you go from a girl to a woman.
The world doesn’t owe you a single thing.
Life is better when you are open to new experiences.
Seven hours of sleep is a must. Without enough sleep you'll get wrinkles and you'll get grumpy.
A bad day isn't a bad life. Nothing lasts forever
Invest in yourself
Always look your best. So many things in life happen by chance, and even though we have plans and schedules, we never really know who we’ll meet or what we’ll end up doing the moment we leave our houses. In my opinion, it’s better not to risk that chance.
Give Yourself deadlines
- Don’t think of cost. Think of value.
- Drink more water.
- The secret to winning is playing
- low calorie does not mean healthy. Stop fooling yourself
- It’s OK to be "weird"
- Always read the fine print.
- Don't buy it unless you love it. I've wasted so much money on not following this rule.
- Meal prep. It saves you time, stress & money
- Make time for your friends.
- Buy clothes that fit you now not clothes that you hope will fit in the future.
- No one is paying that much attention to what you do, so do what makes you happy
- Pizza can make anything better.
- Fake it until you make it (AKA believe in yourself)